Scholarship for CRRA Membership
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR UPDATES ON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DATES
The California Resource Recovery Association (CRRA) has established a Scholarship Fund to provide support for membership costs in one of California’s oldest and most influential non-profit recycling organizations. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide opportunity for those individuals who may not otherwise be a part of the organization. Discounted memberships will be granted each year to individuals in the Zero Waste industry.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Full or partial scholarship, awarded on the basis of demonstrated need and ability to participate in the betterment of the organization. The credit will be applied towards one regular CRRA membership. A membership runs one (1) year from date of applying. The balance of the partial membership may be paid at one time or in installments, click here for details.
- Participation in up to three (3) technical councils for one year.
- The opportunity to attend the annual conference, certification courses, technical council events, webinars, and all other CRRA hosted events at the discounted membership rate and participate in Mentorship programs.
- Access to all the benefits and discounts of membership.
Scholarship Application Due Dates:
Applications will be accepted in 2022:
- March 1, 2022 though April 1, 2022
- September 1, 2022 through October 1, 2022
- Candidates that are eligible to apply for a scholarship may include, but are not limited to:
- Those experiencing financial hardship and/or their employer not able to pay for membership fees due to budget constraints.
- Young professionals (e.g. Age 40 or younger) in the industry.
- Individuals that are from a diverse background and/or new to the industry.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL PROCESS:
USE THIS LINK TO ACCESS THE ONLINE APPLICATION. Please note below the information that will be requested.
- First and last name, employer name and address, job title, email address, and phone number.
- Age, gender, how many years in industry, ethnicity
- A statement describing:
- Why the applicant feels he or she should be awarded the scholarship.
- How the applicant will share the experience and acquired knowledge from CRRA membership with others.
- How this scholarship will help the applicant achieve his or her goals.
- Are there any special circumstances that may additionally support your scholarship request? (Furthering education, transitional careers, overcoming obstacles, employer not pay memberships, etc.)
- Acknowledge if the applicant is interested in opportunities to attend the annual CRRA conference, participate in a Young Professionals group or technical council, or volunteer in other capacities.
**Previous recipients may apply more than once. While we will give priority to first-time applicants, the Scholarship committee will consider all aspects of the application.
Once applications are received, the CRRA Scholarship Committee will review and provide feedback to the CRRA Board, who will approve the applicants selected to receive the membership discount. Selection will be awarded to applicants based on their evidence of a commitment to advocate for the Earth’s natural systems through their professional and personal endeavors in the Zero Waste industry, and how their membership will contribute to the betterment of the CRRA.
The following information outlines the evaluation criteria used in reviewing applications and selecting the candidates that will receive the scholarship.
- Relevance: Will the applicants membership help CRRA achieve their goals and support mission.
- Commitment: Will the applicant achieve his or her specific career goals through this membership.
- Initiative: Has the applicant demonstrated continued dedication to Zero Waste. Will applicant help CRRA broaden its membership and diversity.
- Communication: Was the applicant responsive to all questions.
WHO SHOULD BECOME A MEMBER OF CRRA?
The California Resource Recovery Association (CRRA) is an environmentally focused professional organization for people involved in resource conservation through waste prevention, reuse, recycling and composting activities. CRRA members use their collective knowledge and experience to create and help implement innovative solutions and programs to reduce material going to landfill. The Association works closely with the individuals and organizations that influence and shape conservation and waste prevention policy and programs. CRRA provides a variety of forums and venues that increase communication among government, industry and environmental organizations.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
CRRA Members receive:
· Discounts for all CRRA hosted events, including the annual CRRA Conference & Tradeshow.
· California public policy updates and relevant news via email distribution and Job Board.
· Networking opportunities with other industry personnel.
· Eligibility to participate in Technical Councils and Board of Directors.
· Complimentary membership to the National Recycling Coalition.
· Discounted annual subscription to Resource Recycling Magazine.